Sunday, January 6, 2013

Running Water at the School: Part 2 - Option 2


April 2012

Verano passed and the new school year was under way.

At the March Padres meeting, the question about the wood came up for the rainwater system.  The teacher had given wood to one of the padres, and he went and cut it.  Although he cut the wood, he left it on the riverbank and didn’t bring it to the community.  The river then unexpectedly grew and the current took the wood away!  Great.

Thankfully, the president of the Padres this year is Misael, my awesome host brother who means the world to me.  He was convinced of Option II and told the maestro that’s how to move forward.  I was so stoked by his motivation and desire to make this happen, and knew that my personal relationship was a factor in his decision. 

I missed the next padres meeting, but I heard that Misael announced to the PDF what we were doing, and that the maestro had the funds for it since it was the beginning of the school year.  When I came back, they told me that a work day was scheduled in May.

Saweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment